At Summum Woman we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice sets out key information regarding Summum Woman and how any personal data you provide to us will be processed. For all other information regarding our services, please refer to our Terms & Conditions.
If you would like more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, you can contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling +31 24 80 80 206
What personal data do we collect and why?
We collect your personal data when you place an order, sign up for our marketing communications, browse our website or use the other services offered by our website (www.summumwoman.com). The data we collect includes details you provide to us, such as your given name and surname and your shipping and billing addresses. We also collect data regarding your shopping habits and the pages and products you have viewed from your use of the website. We use this data to:
– Take your orders, process your payments and deliver the items you have purchased;
– Provide any additional services you have requested, such as our marketing communications;
– Give you access to services reserved for registered users, such as Wish Lists and product alerts;
– Personalize your visit to the website and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Under the Law, we must have a valid legal basis to process your data. In most instances, we will process your data because we have a contract with you e.g. to deliver your purchases or magazine, or to provide you with other services you have requested. We will also use your personal data to send you sales and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you if we have your explicit consent for this activity, or if you are an existing customer where we have a legitimate interest in communicating with you. You can opt out of sales and marketing communications from us at any time.
Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by Summum B.V. as the data controllers. We may also retain the services of external suppliers to help meet our business needs and may share your data with these suppliers. These suppliers have been selected after a rigorous evaluation process and chosen for their security, reliability and competence. They will process your data only under our instructions. Some of these suppliers may be based in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, the transfer of your personal data to these countries is carried out in compliance with the guarantees provided by law.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
– Know what personal data of yours we are processing, where that data came from and how we are using that data;
– Ask us to update, correct or supplement the data we hold about you;
– Withdraw consent for processing for a specified purpose;
– Ask us to delete or erase your data from our systems;
– Limit or oppose our processing of your data;
– Ask us to supply the personal data we hold about you in an easy readable electronic format, or transfer that data direct to a third party nominated by you.
Our customer service will be happy to help. Contact us by e-mail or telephone: email@example.com, T: +31 24 80 80 206 (during office hours)
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out unlawfully, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for compliance with the rules on personal data protection in your jurisdiction.
-Who is the data controller?
– What personal data do we collect?
– How do we use this personal data?
– What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Who is the data controller?
Under the data protection law, the data controller is responsible for ensuring that your data is held securely, that you are given accurate information about how your data is used, and that your rights regarding your data are respected.
The Summum Woman website is owned and run by Summum B.V.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.summumwoman.com:
– We process the personal data required to complete and despatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
-We collect your email address when you sign up to receive the Summum Woman newsletter.
– If you register for a Summum Woman account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional data regarding your favourite designers and your marketing preferences.
– When you contact our Customer Care team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
– We collect and process data about your browsing on www.summumwoman.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
– If you are a customer of www.summumwoman.com, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities
-If you provide us with someone else’s data – for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift – we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend.
– If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfil the gift request and our contractual obligations.
How do we use the personal data we collect?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
– When you purchase a product from www.summumwoman.com we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you including taking payment, any related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping and delivery of the product and possible handling of the return.
– When you visit www.summumwoman.com, we will collect the minimum personal data necessary to allow us to provide you with the services of the website, such as placing and holding items in your shopping bag.
– When you visit www.summumwoman.com, we will use some data about your use of the website to help us improve the website and our promotion of the website. This will include data about how you came to the website; the date and time of your visit; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
– We also collect data about your use of www.summumwoman.com by using cookies. If you wish, turn off cookies.
– When you register on www.summumwoman.com, we will collect the data necessary to ensure that we can recognise you on return visits and provide you with the services registration offers, such as creating a Wish List or subscribing to emails about your favorite styles. If you would prefer not to continue receiving these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team.
– When you sign up for our marketing communications, we will ask you for your email address. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team.
– If you have purchased from www.summumwoman.com, we will use the personal data we hold about you, including your purchase history, to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. This contact will normally be via email, but in certain circumstances we may contact you via other methods e.g. we may call you if an item we know you have been eager to purchase comes back into stock. If you would prefer not to be contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe from emails at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or update your contact preferences on www.summumwoman.com or by contacting our Customer Care team.
– We analyze contact data, purchase history, web browsing data and lifestyle data to tailor our marketing communications, web site presentation and internet advertising to meet your preferences. For example, if you have been browsing or have previously purchased a particular shoe designer, we may send you an email to tell you that these are now on sale or display similar products to you as part of our internet advertising.
– When you contact our Customer Care team, we will use the personal data you provide and that we have collected to respond to your requests for help or information.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Under the Law we must have a valid reason for using your personal data and we may not collect, store or use data about you that is not compatible with that reason. There are four valid reasons for our use of your personal data:
– Most of the data we collect from you is necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you or to enter into a contract with you e.g. you provide a billing address and email address when your purchase an item from www.summumwoman.com so that we can process your payment and send you your order confirmation.
– In certain circumstances we will ask for your permission or consent to use your personal data e.g. if we would like to send you marketing information about items we believe may be of interest to you via email. If you have given your consent to our use of your personal data, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
– We may also have a legitimate interest in using your personal data e.g. to ensure that the content of our website is presented to you and your device as effectively as possible, or to ensure that our marketing communications are relevant to your interests. If this is our reason for using your data, we must make sure that our interests do not override yours and you are entitled to object to this use of your data.
– Lastly, we may be required to use your data to meet a legal obligation or to protect your interests e.g. we may exchange data with other specialist organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and credit risk reduction and we will retain financial data long term to meet our statutory obligations.